Planning a wedding requires more than just money. What gets remembered is creativity and the unusual that is meaningful to the couple.
We can help you plan a memorable event without putting dents in your budget. Here are some tried and true budget savers:
- Avoid peak season dates. Being married mid week instead of a weekend or in less popular months can save upwards of 20% off location costs.
- When you make adjustments to the guest list, make cuts in groups. For instance, if you are planning round tables that seat 8 or 10 guests, cut by that number or multiples of that number.
- Try to find a venue that hosts both ceremony and reception events in one place. Look for an all inclusive venue.
- Have a smaller wedding party (VIPs) – have two instead of six bridesmaids.
- Serve four appetizers instead of ten.
- Have your photographer stop at a specific time. Tell him when the formalities are done and the party is underway rather than expect him to stay till the last guest turns out the light.
- Make a grand entrance or a grand exit but don’t pay a limo to stay for both.
- Consider earning extra cash to assist in paying for the wedding. Get a part time job, sell some items on EBay or Craig’s List. Don’t use plastic!!!!
- Save on postage by including a post card RSVP.
- Make choices based on your personal style – choose a cocktail party reception rather than hosting a sit down dinner.