It’s no secret that weddings cost a lot of money.
Here are 11 easy ways to save money without sacrificing your wedding style.
- Individual programs or menu cards look pretty, but you can save a bundle by providing this information on a pretty calligraphed sign.
- Serve only beer and wine instead of offering a full bar.
- Skip the champagne toast (or just have it for the head table). Your guests will be fine drinking what they have.
- Some vendors offer discounts for a wedding on a weekday or during a non-peak month such as January or March.
- You can save on catering by having a morning or early afternoon ceremony/reception.
- Trim your guest list. You’ll save on food and beverages. And less people means less seating, which = less tables/chairs, centerpieces, and linens.
- Offer a meatless entree. A veggie or pasta entree costs less than one with meat.
- Have your ceremony and reception at the same venue. No need for a limo or party bus to transport the wedding party, and you’ll save on multiple site fees.
- Omit favors, your guests won’t miss them.
- Use more greenery and less flowers in your arrangements.
- If your ceremony and reception are at the same location, have your DJ provide the music for both instead of hiring live musicians for the ceremony.
Hearts, Joy, Love!
Photo credit: rrraum / 123RF Stock Photo